We work very hard to make sure that Moshi Monsters is kept safe and secure for our players. The only way someone can hack your account is if they find out your password. These guidelines should help keep you safe:
- Choose a strong password. Don't use your name, your pet's name, your favourite food or anything else that someone could easily guess. We recommend using the following website to make a good password: http://www.dinopass.com
- Once you have your password, DON'T write it down or keep it anywhere someone else could see it or find it (like in the back of a schoolbook,for example). Memorise it!
- NEVER tell anyone else your password. We really mean it: NEVER TELL ANYONE YOUR PASSWORD!! EVER!!! Not your friends in-game, not your friends at school, even if they offer to tell you theirs in return. The only exceptions are your parents or guardians, or maybe your teacher (if they're nice!).
- If you have to tell your parent or teacher your password, make sure you whisper it quietly into their ear if there are other people around who might overhear you say it.
- If you play Moshi Monsters in a computer lab in a group with other kids, or you take turns sharing a computer, make sure nobody can watch your fingers when you're typing your password! Either practice your password so you can type it really fast, or hunch over the keyboard so nobody can see what you're typing.
If you follow these guidelines, your account will be safe from hackers and you won't have to worry about some horrible person selling all your stuff to the dodgy dealer! ;)